Come on back, folks!
The Park's Open
We are finally able to Bring Outdoor Climbing Indoors, once again. Our re-open date will be Tuesday, May 26, 2020. In an effort to minimize any unnecessary risks to the health of our guests and staff, initially we will be opening to members only with limited occupancy capacity in the facility and will be implementing some new policies as we transition back to regular operations. These policies will change as we navigate thru the re-open phase and are better able to evaluate climbing flow and social distancing.
NEW POLICIES (UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE):
- The facility is open to members and multi-day pass-holders only.
- Hours of operations: Monday-Friday 4PM-10PM; Saturday and Sunday 10AM-4PM
- Capacity will be limited to 65 guests and staff. Our website will be updated regularly with the actual number of people in the facility at any given point in time.
- Everyone entering the facility, guests and staff, will be required to have their temperature checked via no touch infrared thermometer. Anyone with a temperature equal to or exceeding 100.1 degrees Fahrenheit will not be able to remain in the facility.
- Everyone entering the facility MUST wash/sanitize their hands EACH time entering the facility (even if you just leave the facility for a short period of time, for any reason).
- We ask that everyone, climber and belayer, sanitize their hands after every climb.
- All staff will be wearing face masks. Everyone in the facility must wear face masks as well when not climbing or belaying.
- Everyone in the facility should practice appropriate social distancing by maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other climbers/belayers. To assist in this process, we will be limiting the number of climbing lanes each day. For rope climbing, we will alternate pre-marked sections of routes each day. For bouldering, we have marked off predetermined sections of the wall and ask boulderers to not climb in adjacent sections at the same time.
- Chalk bags will not be available for rent. All other rental equipment will be available.
- Your membership will be unfrozen upon your first visit back to the facility. Your account will be automatically prorated and any membership credit will be automatically applied to your membership dues. Any remaining credit balance will be applied to future monthly dues. (Unless you have reached out and donated your credit to help us cover some of the expenses we have had to incur these past two months – THANK YOU!)
We thank you all for your cooperation, assistance, and understanding in adhering to these new policies. It is truly a community effort to keep everyone as safe as possible. We all have to do our part.
These have certainly been difficult times for everyone. We would like to thank those of you that have kept your memberships active, those who have donated your membership credit and those who have continued sending their well wishes. We still have a long way to go to get back to “normal” but the support of our community will help us all get there.
We cannot wait to see you all climbing again real soon!!
Classes at PRC
PRC Youth Climbing Team
Summer Camp at projectROCK
Camp at projectROCK is an active camp that incorporates climbing, art, science, team building and we are open and active rain or shine.