Come on back, folks!
The Park's Open
We have been having a great time Bringing Outdoor Climbing Indoors, once again. Since we re-opened on Tuesday, May 26, 2020, we have had the pleasure of welcoming back many of our members and extended projectROCK community. Everyone has been doing their part in keeping their distance from others not in their group, sanitizing their hands frequently and overall just enjoying climbing once again; For that we say THANK YOU!
We are now ready for the next phase of our re-opening plan and would like to welcome back all climbers, whether you are a member, multiday pass holder or just climbing for the day, we are excited to see you all climb! While we will be inviting everyone to climb, we will still have our reduced capacity and reduced hours to contend with (for now). DayPass climbers, please note below the hours available for you to come climb. This will help us manage the flow of climbers thru the facility for all to enjoy.
If you do not know how to climb but would like to learn, we will be having limited belay classes at a maximum participation of 4 people per class so we can provide for the appropriate social distancing required.
In an effort to minimize any unnecessary risks to the health of our guests and staff, we will continue to be open with limited occupancy capacity in the facility and will be implementing some new policies as we transition back to regular operations. These policies will continue to change as we navigate thru the re-open phase and are better able to evaluate climbing flow and social distancing.
NEW POLICIES (UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE):
1. The facility is open to ALL climbers during the hours specified in Number 2 below.
2. Hours of operations:
Monday-Thursday 2:00PM – 3:00PM
Friday 12:00PM – 3:00PM
Saturday 8:00AM – 10:00AM
(Team will be practicing during this time as well)
Sunday 8:00AM – 10:00AM
Multiday Pass & Day Pass Climbers –
Monday-Friday 3:00PM – 10:00PM
Saturday 10:00AM – 10:00PM
Sunday 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Belay Classes (limited to 4 persons per class)–
Tuesday 4:30PM and 7:00PM
Thursday 4:30PM and 7:00PM
Saturday 11:00AM, 1:00PM, 2:30PM and 4:00PM
Sunday 11:00AM and 1:30PM
3. Capacity will still be limited to 100 guests and staff. Our website will be updated regularly with the actual number of people in the facility at any given point in time.
4. Everyone entering the facility, guests and staff, will be required to have their temperature checked via no touch infrared thermometer. Anyone with a temperature equal to or exceeding 100.1 degrees Fahrenheit will not be able to remain in the facility.
5. Everyone entering the facility MUST wash/sanitize their hands EACH time entering the facility (even if you just leave the facility for a short period of time, for any reason).
6. We ask that everyone, climber and belayer, sanitize their hands after every climb.
7. Everyone in the facility must wear a face mask even when climbing or belaying.
8. Everyone in the facility should practice appropriate social distancing by maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other climbers/belayers. To assist in this process, we will be limiting the number of climbing lanes each day. For rope climbing, we will alternate pre-marked sections of routes each day. For bouldering, we have marked off predetermined sections of the wall and ask boulderers to not climb in adjacent sections at the same time.
9. Chalk bags will not be available for rent. All other rental equipment will be available.
10. REMEMBER – Members, your membership will be unfrozen upon your first visit back to the facility. We know this has been a difficult time for all and will not reactivate your account until you are ready to climb. Your account will be automatically prorated and any membership credit will be automatically applied to your membership dues. Any remaining credit balance will be applied to future monthly dues. (Unless you have reached out and donated your credit to help us cover some of the expenses we have had to incur these past several months – THANK YOU!)
We thank you all for your cooperation, assistance, and understanding in adhering to these new policies. It is truly a community effort to keep everyone as safe as possible. We all have to do our part.
These have certainly been difficult times for everyone. We would like to thank those of you that have kept your memberships active, those who have donated your membership credit and those who have continued sending their well wishes. We still have a long way to go to get back to “normal” but the support of our community will help us all get there.
We cannot wait to see you all climbing again real soon!!